Friday 26 October 2012

Swedish zest!

I am never disappointed when I travel to the north for design inspiration, and seriously, no one does it quite like the Swedish. I just love their approach to function, simplicity, zest and style. So it's no surprise that I've been a fan of the Swedish design group BRDA for some time, and seeing more and more of their swanky pieces adorn many a Pinterest and Tumblr board I decided today is the day to share some of my favourite pieces from their collection.

Headed up by design duo Mats Broberg & Johan RidderstraleBRDA actually stands for Broberg & Ridderstrale Design & Architecture. They don't only design, they create award-winning design. In perusing their very cool website and hopping from piece to piece it's inspiring to see how many awards they've walked away with. The latest, I believe, is a 'Furniture of the Year' award for the very cool Tati Coat Hanger, pictured in the second image down.

I love to let my eye dance over the lines of their designs. Each one is so unique, and the colours, albeit bright, possess a softness in character. I find the attention to, and the execution of the curves simply immaculate. I want to run my fingers along the gentle edges of each furniture piece...

Source - BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

Design by BRDA

No comments:

Post a Comment