Wednesday 17 October 2012

Beautiful madness

Mitsugu Sato is a Japanese artist whose unmissable work I came across via a very cool 'pinner' I like to follow on Pinterest. As I scrolled through what was already a very sophisticated selection of imagery depicting art, design and edgy interiors, Sato's work just jumped out at me. I had to have more!

All I had was his name and a couple of images of his work, and despite this I had some trouble finding the information I longed for. I did, eventually come across the Skky.info website, it's one that promotes local artists. I believe it's in Japanese, therefore I understand nothing at all, but I did find what I was looking for, more of Sato's succulent work.

The pieces are simply magic. The detail and the depth with which each one is constructed is incredible. They exude a fragile beauty, despite their industrial origin and the hard and rough materials that make up their skeletons. What's more, there's a real exploration of tension, balance and symmetry... thin strings madly grasping heavy, rusty bolts... tired pieces of wood out of which protrude unforgiving wire frames...

Each piece seems to hold its own story, one of heaviness, a past life, and a sort of melancholy... the last stance, however, is one of piece and quiet beauty...

Source - skky.info

Work by Mitsugu Sato


Work by Mitsugu Sato


Work by Mitsugu Sato

Work by Mitsugu Sato

Work by Mitsugu Sato

Work by Mitsugu Sato

Work by Mitsugu Sato

Work by Mitsugu Sato

No comments:

Post a Comment